Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Custom - Old Republic Return Trailer Smuggler "Cad Solo"

Man, the CGI trailers for this upcoming Old Republic video game just keep getting better with each release. I personally would not mind seeing a feature length Star Wars movie in this animation style, it's just breathtaking! (It also has more realistic special effects and acting than all three prequel films!) The action is top notch and the visuals keep you coming back for more. There are so many things featured in these videos that I would love to see translated into the toy line. In all three trailers the various characters featured in them are basically carbon copies of familiar characters that we already know in the Star Wars universe. The interesting part is, at least for me, is that I do not mind it at all as they are all very likeable and have enough uniqueness to them to make them stand out.

In the latest trailer one of the stars is a smuggler that is a cross between Han Solo and Cad Bane. I coined the name "Cad Solo" for him, until they give him a real name that is what I am calling him. "Cad Solo" has a classic 80's hero demeanor about him and like any good smuggler he has a pretty tricked out ship. I love the design of his outfit and his ship a lot! (Even his Astromech Droid is really cool!) They did this character justice as he was so bad ass taking out Sith Troopers, trying to talk his way out of his predicament and in true 80's hero fashion he made the time in between to check out the goods on the Twi'lek Sith Agent as she passes by with such coy style. I really love that he was not politically correct and the design team that produced this trailer actually had the Bantha balls to put it in for the effect of characters persona. How utterly refreshing! That earned extra props from me as you know how much I hate political correctness, AKA control of honest thought. I would happily plunk down my hard earned green for him and his ship, even if the ship was $100+!  (I prefer a new Dash Rendar's Outrider first however.) I had to take a crack at him for my next custom so without further adieu here is my first "Cad Solo" custom figure:








As always your feedback comments and hate mail are welcome! (BTW - Do not look for me to make his ship, I do not do vehicles! Hasbro, please take serious consideration at making it, I think it would be a hit....)

No comments:

Post a Comment