Friday, October 22, 2010

New Custom (Sort of) - "Snooty Giddy Up" the Kubaz Interplanetary Pimp

I started customizing Star Wars figures back in May of 2006 and I have not stopped since! As a personal preference, I do not keep the custom figures that I make, only the dioramas.  There was one exception I made to my figure rule - My Kubaz Pimp, "Snooty Giddy Up". I made him in October of 2006 from leftover parts as a joke custom. The Kubaz are my favorite Star Wars alien race! My love of the Kubindi started when Garindan ratted out our heroes in Mos Eisley to Sandtroopers and slapped his muppety schnoz by accident (A film blooper they never caught). When I completed this Pimp Kubaz my wife saw him and really loved how he turned out. She loved him so much that she asked me not to sell him, she really, really wanted me to keep him. (Keep in mind she does not care a lick about Star Wars so I found it quite endearing.) I really liked him too, so it was an easy request to fulfill. He has remained in my collection ever since becoming a sentimental staple patron in my Cantina diorama. He even "pimped" for me as my customs mascot until I started this Blog where I went back to my original Duro Jedi alter ego. Maybe I will go back now...

Here is the original look of the figure in 2006:


Recently, when I was adding some new details on my Cantina diorama this custom Kubaz caught my eye again. I noticed that his paint scheme was damaged from handling over the years and it looked a bit dated from my current skill level. I immediately stopped what I was doing on the Cantina and I decided to give my old custom friend some much needed attention. I have come a long way with my customs so I felt he needed to get back up to par with a complete new paint job. Since I was going back to refresh Snooty I also wanted to correct a few parts on him that I was never happy with. I replaced his feet and arms/hands that better suited the figures outfit. He also was always missing a key piece of standard Pimp attire - a plume hat! Take a look at the refreshed and revised "Snooty Giddy Up":






To me, "Snooty Giddy Up" now feels complete and looks better than ever! I found a renewed love for my "vintage" custom. As I mentioned, I made him in October of 2006 and while it was not my intent, I wound up refreshing him 4 years to the date of his creation. Intuition or coincidence? Either way, to me he ROCKS! If you disagree drop me a line and send me some hate mail!





1 comment:

  1. ha,ha....that dude is great! He must rule the cantina. Great job.

    john

    ReplyDelete