Monday, May 23, 2011

New custom - Darth Sion, the Lord of Pain

Darth Sion, the Lord of Pain was a Sith lord that first appeared in Knights of the Old Republic 2 video game. From what we know of Darth Sion he served as a Sith Marauder in Exar Kun's Sith Empire during the Great Sith Wars. He was killed several times but he kept on coming back to life as his pain and anger kept resuscitating his rotting husk of a body. He is like the Zombie Frankenstein of the Star Wars universe for his obvious crusty physical appearance. (He could really use a little moisturizer cream!) He literally is rotting away, and was kept alive by the Dark side of the Force. A small price to pay for being immortal but he is always in pain. Like the typical drug commercial ending disclaimer message, there is a big trade off with a lot of bad side affects that makes you question why bothering with it in the first place. But I digress...


Personally, I think he is a really dumb looking character. I also cannot get into the back story that explains his powers but that does not stop his popularity among fans. (Maybe it's me.) I was asked to make him by a really nice buyer and I could not say no to this particular gentlemen. The unfortunate thing is that someone else bought him when I posted it for this particular buyer. I have to make him again for this buyer who waited so long, my sincere apologies. When it comes to commissions I am a perfectionist I take a really long time so I have to finish the new one for him. (It's taking me forever but I will make it worthwhile!) I thought I would share this one and eventually post the improved one when he is finished. This was the first time I made Darth Sion so I like to make some more modifications on the next one to make him more accurate. Take a look and LMK what you think of this one:






As always your feedback comments and hate mail are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. By The Force!!! Dude, your like my idol i love your collection, i was pumped enough about collecting now you got me more pumped, thats one of my goal to rach that many kind of figures and to place them in diorama giving them life, do you take request to make some customs figures?

    ReplyDelete