Friday, August 27, 2010

New Custom - KOTOR Bounty Hunter Shae Vilza

The first Old Republic game promo trailer is still very popular and still very impressive after 18 months since its release. The second trailer is also pretty amazing, so it's no surprise that Hasbro is pretty much confirming official figures are coming in late 2011 early 2012 in their recent Q&A session. Gentle Giant is already ahead of the market curve as they are releasing their first character statue from the first trailer. The bounty hunter Shae Vilza (the female bounty hunter that mopped the floor with the guards of the Jedi Temple) is their first offering. She looks great and the statue looks pretty sweet capturing her likeness very well! I have tackled a few characters from the first trailer already but I have been recently working on perfecting a Shae Vilza custom figure. In my third attempt at her I think I have nailed the right part combo but still have a few areas that I would like to go back and improve. I think my latest iteration is front page worthy now despite my own critique and desire to improve it. You guys will have to let me know if she is:


While I would love to match her light red hair color so it's closer to the actual character I opted to keep the functional aspect of the figure. That is a must for any custom that I make, it has to be functional and not jut a static statue, otherwise what's the point? I did not want to paint the hair because the paint would rub off when the helmet is placed on the figure. The helmet I used is a little tight and the hair is molded in a very soft PVC plastic so painting was not an option. When I go back to improve her I want to sculpt some specifics next time around on the knee armor plates as. I also been trying to improve my Darth Malgus, I made another pretty much to pose with this custom of Shae Vilza and show scale of this figure. I am very excited that official figures are coming in the next two years, I think these two are shoe ins in the line up. Time will tell, until then I have customs of them ready to go!

 
As always your feedback comments and hate mail are welcome!

2 comments: