Monday, August 2, 2010

New Custom - "Bespin Battle Luke Skywalker"

The new Vintage line is absolutely amazing, the figures truly have reached a new level of detail that is sure to please collectors and fans alike. With that said, it's time to start using these great figures with my customs. The new Bespin Luke is a really killer figure with so much potential for reuse in future waves. I can see how Hasbro can retool a few parts to make new versions of ESB Luke. I took a stab at showing how versatile this figure can be with my ultimate "Bespin Battle Luke Skywalker". Using the 2004 OTC Dagobah Training Luke and the new Vintage Bespin Luke you can create a really awesome figure, or should I say figures! The OTC Dagobah Training Luke was such a great figure for its time and the sculpt still looks great including the ahead of it's time head sculpts it sported. The only thing is missing on this figure is articulation, that's where the new Vintage Luke can help out.

Another worthy figure of note was the 2003 Bespin Duel Luke, that figure was worse for the wear coming off his epic duel with Darth Vader. This figure featured bruises, a removable bloody hand, adirty wash deco and a really cool weather vane accessory! I wanted to bring some of that figures deco details to my new custom. The new Vintage Luke upper torso can pop off fairly easily so you can remove his belt. I then cored out the 2004 Dagobah Training Luke torso so it could fit over the super articulated lower half of the Vintage Bespin Luke. I added some paint washes to the hair and mouth of the OTC heads to bring out the missing details. The head deco resembles the 2003 Bespin Duel Luke, which to this day still looks great! Take a look and LMK what you think of my kit bash! BTW - Hate mail is always welcome!!!


As always your feedback comments and hate mail are welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment